Is it that you work harder than anyone else? Or you will do the thing most of your competition won’t? Do you develop and innovate until you win? Maybe you are a master at adaption and never quit?
Whatever your spark is, I think each one of us has the desire to be excellent, because “excellence” is a way to demonstrate how much we care about what matters most.
When you care so much, you will go to whatever lengths necessary to be successful. That kind of “necessity” is what makes us withstand the pain, the hours of work, the struggle, the disappointment in order to be successful.
One of the ways to develop your excellence is through a framework or model. One such model was developed by Bobbi Deporter, who is the founder and president of Learning Forum International. She developed the 8 Keys of Excellence as a character education tool, because she was passionate about students’ successes and found that the keys to excellence and success are habits, practices and mindsets that develop the person into one who pursues his or her passions in a way in which everyone wins.
Excellence is not a single act, it is a daily practice – Christine Jeffrey via Aristotle
Are you an Author, an Artist, A Mother, a Pilot, an Athlete, Entrepreneur, a Designer, or…? How do you express your unique view of the world?
Regardless of your passions, how you pursue them can be made easier by employing the 8 keys of excellence. Check them out below and see if they can help you live more excellently and make it a little easier to be successful!
- INTEGRITY – Match behavior with values. Demonstrate your positive personal values in all you do and say. Be sincere and real.
- FAILURE LEADS TO SUCCESS – Learn from mistakes. View failures as feedback that provides you with the information you need to learn, grow and succeed.
- SPEAK WITH GOOD PURPOSE – Speak honestly and kindly. Think before you speak. Make sure your intention is positive and your words are sincere.
- THIS IS IT – Make the most of every moment. Focus your attention on the present moment. Keep a positive attitude.
- COMMITMENT – Make your dreams happen. Take positive action. Follow your vision without wavering.
- OWNERSHIP – Take responsibility for actions. Own the choices you make and the results that follow.
- FLEXIBILITY – Be willing to do things differently. Recognize what’s not working and be willing to change what you’re doing to achieve your goal.
- BALANCE – Live your best life. Be mindful of self and others while focusing on what’s meaningful and important in your life.
By using this framework you develop the discipline and the freedom that comes with living from your best self each and every day. This model is not just for you, you can teach your children to learn this model, as well. You can learn more about 8Keys.org and how to get involved here.
If you enjoyed this article and want more, subscribe to my email list and each week you will receive my latest blog post with free tips, tools, and strategies that get you more clarity, help you develop more courage, and inspire you to step out in your life in a bolder way. As a special thank you for joining my list, you’ll get my confidence class for free! Just you and me with some worksheets and reminders to get your confidence growing again!
And if you want even more, You can click this link to Learn more about High Performance Coaching. The next round of coaching is now open. So if you are considering this, check it out. The questionnaire, itself, is a great self discovery tool and may help you think more clearly about who you are and how you are showing up in the world. I want the very best for you and coaching could be the answer you are looking for.
You got this. Leave a comment, ask a question, I’m here to help.
Thank you so much for reading and until next time,
Make the most of the time you have!
Coach “Keys Open Doors”